mayz

I dream of foxes wearing red coats

Monday, January 15, 2007

I miss...

  • the teens in Cowra - they're so cool + keen to know more about God
  • my friends - haven't properly caught up with u guys for ages
  • cordial - back to plain old water now
  • being a tourist
  • the American accent - ooh i love American accents
  • playing WOW. Yes I didn't play for long, but it left a lasting impression on me
  • mum's cooking

It's great to be back in Sydney. I haven't updated for ages. Well let me summarise my past 2 months in one super sentence.

"In my trip to the US of A, I met Mickey Mouse, stayed in a castle, ate NY cheesecake, bought lots of peanut butter candy and heard how nasal the Aussie accent really is, then went to Melbourne to spend NYE with my beau + family, rushed off to scorching hot Cowra to tell the teens the great news of Jesus the Christ, while getting an uneven tan."

Cowra was amazing! I'm so glad that I went to Zed this year, it really stretched me and took me out of my comfort zone. I also built up some amazing relationships with the Cowra teens - they are lovely kids that want to know more about God and how to relate to him. It's so awesome that through Breakout, we can reach kids from broken families, kids who really need someone to show them that God loves them.

I think we made it really clear to the Zeders that Breakout members return every year for the kids, because we love them and want them to know Jesus as Lord. Ahh I just love the relationships I have built up with the Cowra Christians, my girls in Klunk and my girls in Zed.

On another note, I attempted to make strawberry jelly slice. Not a good result, I'll try it again later this week. Yes, this slice is worth making! I had some at the ladies craft night and ooh it was delish.

3 Comments:

  • At January 16, 2007 4:43 pm, Blogger zillidot said…

    Woohoo, an update!

    American accents are cool. I miss them too. Especially my funny honkie asian friends in Chicago who speak with a funny midwestern accent.

    WoW expansion pack is coming out tomorrow! I'm going to EB games at midnight to pick up my copy =)

     
  • At January 25, 2007 9:43 am, Blogger Anna said…

    Err...I think Ethan is more than your beau. He's your fiance.

    I haven't seen you in ages and besides I have to give you your Christmas present.

     
  • At January 25, 2007 10:12 pm, Blogger Chandrew said…

    woo haven't read/caught up with you for a long time, but good to hear that cowra went well, and that you were able to be challenged by taking the teens. that's the kind of age group i think i'll do next year (did kindy - yr2 for newcastle)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home