mayz

I dream of foxes wearing red coats

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Swans v Carlton



I went to my first AFL match today with 33,942 other people at the Sydney Cricket Ground. It was great! I think I learnt how AFL works and it's a more physical sport than I thought (well I suppose it is less physical compared to NRL - NRL players have no necks). Oh and I learnt what a wooden spoon is - and hehehe it goes to Carlton.

Carlton was slaughtered :( I don't go for Carlton, but I don't go for the Swans either, so I gave my support to Carlton, since they needed all the support they could get (umm although I did wear Clems Swans cap). The Swans beat Carlton by 92 points! Well, Clem says the consolation they receive from losing, is the first pick of players next year whoo hoo

Thanks for taking me Anna, Clem and Ethan! Twas lots of fun (hehe sorry for asking too many questions...) and those little kids playing at half time are so cute. I want one of those kids.

3 Comments:

  • At September 05, 2006 8:15 pm, Blogger Pete said…

    Mayz,

    I am sure that there are other things that need to happen first before you can get a kid.

    Glad you liked the AFL though, except based on the last 10 years worth of results you should probably follow Anna's team rather than Clem and Ethan's.

     
  • At September 10, 2006 10:35 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    BLUES!

     
  • At September 11, 2006 9:59 am, Blogger Anna said…

    Lose...=s

    Like I said to the lady behind us, when she said "I'll hit you with my wooden spoon", "actually...its their wooden spoon". Sorry

     

Post a Comment

<< Home